Tuesday, April 2, 2013

White Hat Hacking


White hat hacking

What I know:
- I don't know anything about this topic. The only thing I can infer about it is that is a type of hacking. 

Questions:
- What is white hat hacking? How does it work?

Links:

What I learned:
- White hat hackers are hackers who breaks the security with no harming intentions so they can improve the security.
- A competition was created so that white hat hackers were honest. This competition rewarded the ones who submitted the most information. 
- It is very easy to hack because you can just get a software that will make the job for you. 
- The white hat hackers are hired even by banks.
- There are also black hat hackers which are the ones with harmful intentions. 

How the topic connects to my life:
- The topic connects to my life because everything has a good and a bad side but you have to choose one. So it relates because in life, you should probably do the honest thing. It is also a job because you are getting rewarded in a legal way instead of just hacking and probably sell it to the black market. 

Questions I still have:
What if a white hat hacker doesn't submit the whole information and uses it for other harmful and beneficent intentions? And what if they find out who it is?

No comments:

Post a Comment